We know this campaign can feel like a marathon. THANK YOU for all you have done to cross the campaign finish line and make the CFC a success this year. We appreciate your commitment to the campaign and those in need!
Now it’s time for you to pass on the thank you to those who have helped you make this campaign a success. Saying “thank you” is a critical part of running a successful campaign. In fact, research shows that 65% of first-time donors don’t make a second gift – and 80% of those donors say a simple “thank you” would convince them to make a second donation!
Here are a few ideas for showing appreciation within your department/agency:
- Share social media posts and images to extend the thank you message.
- Coordinate the sending of Thank You emails to staff from leadership or someone on the campaign team (email #1, email #2, email #3, email #4).
- Hand out the printed “Thank You Cards” to donors as a token of appreciation.
- Thank campaign workers and donors at staff meetings or in conversations. Make sure to report back on your agency/department results if you have them at the time.
- Encourage the distribution of the press release to share campaign results.
- Participate in your local CFC awards programs.
- Encourage leadership to use the finale speech template for finale events.